Translation:  
 
 | Driving Directions Driving Directions | Links

 

About Immaculate Conception Church

Immaculate Conception Church History

 

1907 The First mass was celebrated in Buhl in the living quarters in the back of the general store by Father Buesmans of Twin Falls.
Fr. traveled by train from Twin Falls to Buhl.
1910 Census gave the population of Buhl as 639. Being the marketing center for a prosperous farming community which flanks it on every side. It was colonized in part by home-seekers from Catholic communities in Nebraska.

The Alter Society was formed which in later years was reorganized into The Catholic Women's League.
1912 A small frame church (24 X 64) was built by the parishioners, completed and dedicated to God under the title of the Immaculate Conception Church.

Mass had been celebrated on the fifth Sunday of the month, which occurredbut four times a year.
1918 A parish house was built and Fr.George DeStoop was the first resident pastor.
1926 The Buhl Council of Knights of Columbus no.1685 was organized.
1961 Open house and dedication services where held for newly constructed Catholic elementary school, convent and rectory, Pastor Fr. Jerome O'Connor. The school was in operation until 1972.

Map Driving Directions

Immaculate Hall rental

Regulations of use of the hall

Contact office for cost of use and availability.

Click the image to enlarge.

 


Main hall outside entrance

Kitchen with hall access

 

       

cooking equipment
                                               kitchen